We have been hearing that a lot of Damsels are feeling overwhelmed and do not know where to start, where their priorities should be, and how to stay engaged without becoming burnt out. So this weekend, we think it would be a good idea to start by getting organized.
- Make a “resistance” agenda / planner / calendar (you can buy one or create one using your smartphone or email account.) It’s also a good idea to create an email account just for the resistance (so you can have MoveOn updates, petitions etc. go directly there so it doesn’t clog up your personal email). Include the confirmation dates, march dates, local events etc.
- Create a “resistance” folder (either a physical folder, or on your desktop, or google docs, etc.). Place important information, such as representative’s numbers, into that folder so that all of your resistance information is in one place. Please feel free to print or download the documents from this group; there is a lot of good information here.
- Write your own weekly “to do” list, spacing it out throughout the week as needed; you can model it from our Week Ahead. Extra bonus, it feels great to cross something off your list!
- Put your representative contact information into your phone, so you don’t have to hunt for their numbers!
- Set an alarm for yourself during the week at a particular time when you are most likely to have 5 minutes to call your Reps.
- Sign up for the New York Times Tracking updates for Trump’s Agenda.
- Give yourself time to unplug! Make time to go for a walk without your phone, read a book not related to current events (dystopia novels do not count), listen to music in the car as opposed to news, be present for the people (and animals) you love in your life.
- And as always be kind.